What Is Probate?
Probate is the court supervised legal process to:
1. Value the Decedent's probate estate.
2. Pay Decedent's debts and taxes.
3. Distribute the remaining probate estate to Decedent's rightful heirs.
Probate In California
As we go about our daily lives we do not think about the many things that have to be taken care of when a person passes away.
1. How are the last illness medical bills going to be paid?
2. How will the funeral arrangement going to be paid?
3. How are the Decedent's debts going to be paid?
4. How will the tax returns be prepared, filed and paid?
5. Who is entitled to share in the Decedent's probate
6. Will the Prop. 13 property taxes be reassessed and
7. Does the Prop. 13 Parent Child Exclusion apply?
These and many other issues present themselves in most probate cases. For Decedents without a Living Trust estate plan and assets over $150,000 their estate must usually be probated.
We have the experience to take the burden off your shoulders and navigate you through the California Probate administration process.
Call us at 858-793-7007 or fill out the contact form to see how we can help.